Wednesday 13 March 2019

Digital School House - Photographing an Overwatch Tournament

Through the connections I made during my work with the Esports Events Society, I found out about an external event being held in Staffordshire University's Esports Hub. Digital School House is a company that runs esports tournaments for high school-aged kids. I volunteered to do some photography for this, as I really wanted to get some experience photography players, as I've been mostly photographing the casters/hosts/behind the scenes during SEES events.

I found this was a really great experience! Although it was super tiring to be on my feet for 13hrs, I really enjoyed the test of trying to anticipate the players reactions to be in the right position to get the best photographs. Through this event, I also managed to get talking to some of the organisers of DSH, which was a great networking opportunity.

Unfortunately, due to the fact the players were under 18, I'm not allowed to share the photos. But below are some 'non-player' photos I managed to capture at the event (all unedited)...









No comments:

Post a Comment