Tuesday 23 April 2019

Dealing With Someone Using My Work

This morning I woke up to a message telling my that one of my photographs had been used without my permission or credit by Red Bull, to advertise a game event that they are organizing with the Digital Institute London.

Whilst I am flattered that my work was good enough to be used this way, I'm upset that I wasn't notified in any way. Part of the reason I'm uncomfortable with this, is because that photograph was a WIP that I intended to edit and clear up once I had more time.




I was very confused where this image had been found, initially. I've only ever posted it on the class Facebook page to promo my work, but the image they used seemed too high quality to have been taken from Facebook. I then realized that I had sent the image to a colleague a few weeks ago for an entirely unrelated project, and that I had heard she had been working with the Digital Institute London. Because of this, I decided to email her to see if I could clear anything up...






No comments:

Post a Comment